Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Busy

What a day. It started at 10pm last night. Annie decided that she wanted to be held and would cry if we put her down. She was awake until 2am. Poor Jim was on duty last night and he got very little sleep. I was trying to figure out why she was like this. One guess is that my mom and I took her for a long walk in the stroller yesterday morning and she slept most of the rest of the day. So she was all rested for the night. But honestly, there really is no rhyme or reason as to why Annie stays awake one night and sleeps another night.

In the morning, we bought a car. No kidding. It's a black Mazda 6, manual transmission, power locks and windows. Jim is picking it up tomorrow morning. (He will blog separately about his very bad experience with Boch Honda, one of the dealerships he dealt with before we settled on the Mazda). He had been thinking about getting a new car for a while because our Corolla is getting old. It has 112,000 miles, and more egregious to Jim was its lack of power locks. A lack of power locks is challenging when you're traveling with a baby and all her gear. We had driven several Mazda 6 cars as rentals while on vacation, and last weekend, Jim test drove one (along with a Ford Fusion and an attempt at a Honda Accord). It looks like a beautiful car.

In the afternoon, I went out to lunch with my new moms' group, followed by the weekly meeting at Isis. Annie has been fussy most of the day, but she was actually pretty good through lunch and through the meeting. I fed and changed her right at the beginning of the meeting, and she slept all the way until we got home.

Tonight we had leftovers from Punjab Cafe. I'm going to go to bed soon because I'm on duty tonight and I'm worried that we might have a continuation of last night. We are going to try having Annie sleep in her own room and see if that works. I'm pretty nervous about it.

Tomorrow we have the gas company coming in the morning to replace our gas meter. In the afternoon, I might meet up with people from my new moms' group to go for a walk at Wellesley College, which is somewhat nearby. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

No comments: