Saturday, May 24, 2008

Twisp Day Two

There's still not a lot of Internet here, but I thought I'd write a short post tonight. We had a full day here in Twisp. Laurie was working at the Confluence Gallery. We got up and ate freshly-laid eggs for breakfast. Pretty amazing. Then we took the car in to get the oil changed and get it looked over. It turned out that the garage was right down the street from the Gallery, so we visited Laurie and had lunch with her at a small cafe next to the Gallery. It was called the Glover Street Cafe. We also walked around that neighborhood and saw lots of lilac bushes! That has been a big theme of this trip - although I'm going to miss my own lilac bush's blooms, I've gotten to see lilac bushes blooming throughout the U.S. That's been very cool.

After lunch we came back to Laurie and Rob's house. We hung out with Rob and the cats. Jim has been reading the Count of Montecristo and is totally addicted. Laurie came home from work around 4 and then she and Jim decided to chop wood. A lot of wood. And it was raining.

It's amazingly peaceful here. We walked around the property and saw a bunch of balsam flowers, which are everywhere in Twisp. They look a little like miniature sunflowers. They're very cheerful. When I'm able to post photos again, I'll post a photo of them.

Around 6:30, we went out to dinner at the Twisp River Pub. It was a nice atmosphere. We were a little too early for the band, though, which I think started at nine. Then we came back to the house and Laurie showed me her talents as a cat herder. No kidding. The cats follow her in the fields. I have a photo of that too.

It's almost time for bed and tomorrow will be another restful day. I think we're going to shop for plantlets tomorrow. If it's not raining, we'll do some outdoorsy activities, like maybe a short hike.

No comments: