Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Picnics!

One of the things I've enjoyed about this summer has been all the picnics that Annie and I have taken. I think our favorite picnic venue is Houghton's Pond, which is a swimming hole about 15 minutes from our house in the Blue Hills Reservation.

Today, I had to go into Boston to drop a file off at work. My boss contracted me to do an appeals brief that was due right after she got back from vacation. So over the last couple of weeks, I've been working on that when I could. I finally finished it on Sunday, and needed to bring back the file so that my boss can submit the brief and attachments to the board of appeals.

After dropping off the file, I picked up some lunch at Bruegger's, and then we walked over to the Boston Common for a picnic. I should mention that the weather is just about perfect - about 70 degrees, sunny, clear skies. Here's Annie, taking it all in (and chewing on her rings):

It's hard to believe I'll be back to work in a week.

No comments: