1) On Thursday, we started the day care transition by spending a couple of hours at the day care center with Annie. I think I'm going to cry all day when I actually have to leave Annie at the day care.
2) We got hit with the remnants of Hurricane Danny and apparently there's a Tropical Storm waiting in the wings behind him. The weather suddenly feels like fall.
3) But because it rained all day, I got most of my brief done.
4) My poor cat Solomon misses me. He isn't usually very affectionate, but he's hanging with me tonight.
5) We watched "The Music Man" tonight. For some reason, I remember a lot of the words to the songs, and yet, I don't remember watching it more than a few times as a kid. But it was really fun to watch it again.
6) We went to Bugaboo Creek for lunch today, and learned that they changed their menu last week. And if they had few vegetarian options before, now we have to be even more creative with the menu. But I love the bread they put out before they bring the meals out. So I keep going back.
7) We bought a high chair on Amazon. It should arrive in 5-9 days (yay for free shipping). We got the Fisher Price "Zen" chair. It was the least hideous of the chairs available. I'm still not sure how it's going to fit in our kitchen.
8) I feel like I'm regressing in the cooking department. We haven't gone grocery shopping in a long time. We were going to make tuna noodle casserole tonight, until we realized that we didn't have any mayo or cheese in the house. Things that we do still have include dried red currants with an expiration date in 2005, several boxes of pancake mix, and enough condiments to coat all the hamburgers and hot dogs we could have for the next 10 years. We also have 2 half-used bottles of lemon juice. I feel like I'm in college again. Now that Jim and I are parents, aren't we supposed to know how to cook?