Thursday, July 2, 2009

The dog and pony show

I'm tired, but I knew I would be. Being solely responsible for Annie for over a week has been pretty exhausting, and I have a lot of respect and admiration for single parents. At least I know that Jim's going to show up tomorrow and help me with the night duty. And at least I've had some help from family this week. It must be really difficult to be alone and have no end in sight.

Earlier this week, Annie and I spent a night at Jim's family's cottage in Barker, New York. It was fun to spend some time with all the family - Annie's grandma and great-grandma, her aunt Alex and uncle Rob and her cousin Madeleine. Annie had a tough night, but I think that one of the reasons for that was fixed with a tablespoon of prune juice (Annie's first non-formula food). Thank goodness for my mother-in-law, who rocked Annie to sleep in the middle of the night several times when I was at my wits' end.

We have done a lot of visiting. We have seen: Great-grandma McAvoy, Grandma Kogler, Aunt Alex, Uncle Rob, Madeleine, Grandma Donna, Uncle Al and Aunt Joyce, Gretchen and Doey, Mr. and Mrs. Heckmann, Vicky, Aunt Dode, and Aunt Clare Marie. We are still going to see my cousins Sue, Marilyn and Kathy and their spouses and kids, great-grandma Betty, Aunt Patty, my cousins Carly and Cody, Aunt Luann and Uncle Jim, Jim's cousins Kate and Carrie, and probably some more neighbors. My mom was joking that we're a regular dog-and-pony show. :) It's about right. Here are a few photos.

Annie with her grandmas:

Grandma Kogler (in front of the yarrow that matched Annie's duck outfit):
Grandma Donna (at Shakespeare in Delaware Park):
Aunts Dode and Clare Marie:
With Great-grandma Mac, Madeleine, and Aunt Alex:

Since our night in Barker, Annie has given me two good nights (both with a stretch of 5-6 hours of sleep) and is just as cute as she can be. I can't wait for Jim to get here.

No comments: