Saturday, March 7, 2009

Odds and ends

It's about 60 degrees outside this morning, which hopefully means the snow will be gone soon. Jim is in the basement, working on his box joints for the cradle. I just finished the budget for March and have been watching my cat, Solomon, attack the rug in this room. He runs up to the rug, lays on his side, grabs a side of the rug with his four paws, and with a crazed look in his eyes, starts kicking it with all four legs. I don't know why he does this. Maybe he has spring fever. I know that I do.

The week was relatively quiet. Work has settled into a pattern where my bosses will tell me by the week whether they're going to cut my hours further. This makes it really easy to schedule clients for appointments and plan for hearings (not). On the other hand, it means that I'm still working 4 days a week for the time being, and this is good from a financial perspective. The prospect of being out of work with no income for 3-4 months for my maternity leave is sort of hitting me and freaking me out a bit. We will need to do some major cuts. So the longer I can work up until the baby comes, the easier it'll be.

Tonight we're going to a potluck dinner for a friend's birthday. I'm supposed to make a salad (as usual), which means that I need to do some grocery shopping today. We might also check out a photography museum in Winchester that I just read about on the Boston Globe. I love photography. It looks like they have a pretty small collection, but it's something to do. Tomorrow we might drive to Newport, RI. I love the weekends. I don't have to think about work, I can try to get my life back in order, and I get to hang out with Jim. Pretty cool.

No comments: