Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stick To It!

Some advice for those of you who are "big boned." Yes, you know who you are, you are any old American who needs to lose a few pounds. It's me, it's you, get over it. I would like to impart some good advice to you, so listen closely.

We all know how to loose weight, and we all know why we have those extra pounds: It has nothing to do with the size of your bones. You eat too much, we eat too much, I eat too much. Not only do we eat too much but we don't exercise enough. That isn't the advice, you know it, we know it, I know it. We eat too much because we love food; it tastes good, really good and there is a lot of good food out there.

So, the advice: Don't blow it when you get a chance to get some food, only eat good stuff. Any time spent eating bad food is not only a waste of time, but it is a waste of a waist. To help you accomplish this goal, and not waste your waist, live by these words: Order the same thing every time you go to the same establishment.

When you go to a restaurant for the first time, order anything, it's a crap shot anyhow. But, once you have a good meal at a specific establishment, stick with it. If you don't you risk getting a bad meal when you know you could have had a good meal.

I always follow this advice; I should, it's my advice. It's never let me down. However, recently I let myself down when I fell off the band wagon. Yes, after years and years of only eating Chocolate Ice Cream I tried a new flavor. I didn't try the new flavor at an old establishment, I tried it at a friends house (who had bought the ice cream from a specific establishment). See, there was no other choice, Chocolate Ice Cream just wasn't on the menu. I tried the new stuff and it was great. It was love at first taste, good by Chocolate Ice Cream, hello cake batter. It was SO good that I broke my rule, flaunted perfectly good advice. That was the beginning of the end.

A few weeks ago I was in providence and stopped at Ben & Jerry's, a great place with good Chocolate Ice Cream. I rejected my usual and tried the cake batter. It was horrible; I was abysmal. What a let down. An opportunity I can never repeat. I ate the ice cream, the miserable ice cream.

I will never forget the moment and the Chocolate Ice Cream that could have been mine. Let this be a warning to you all, don't waste an opportunity for good food: Always, Always, Always Order The Same Thing Every Time You Go To The Same Establishment!

1 comment:

A Fuss said...

Ah, but have you tried Coldstone Creamery's Cake Batter??