Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Organizing

In the interest of beginning-of-the-year organization, I have started a new quest to scan in all of my old photos. This is going to take a while. I have a lot of old photos. Today I focused one of my wedding albums. It was fun! I hadn't looked at them in a long time. It's funny how long ago that all feels now. The end goal is to get everything saved on a DVD disk and put it in the safe deposit box. Jim has even found a service that does this (the DVD part, not the safe deposit part!). Another idea, after we finish the DVD project, is to print out the photos into small books. Then we can put the photos in storage and save some space. This will take a long time though.

In other good news, we are getting our oil tank removed this afternoon at 4! We thought it was going to be quite costly because frankly, it's going to be a pain in the a$$ to get it out of our basement, particularly since it's still about half full of oil. But our plumber recommended a guy who does it quite cheaply. The sketchy part about it is that I don't know the guy's last name. I know his first name is Richie and I have his cell phone number. But this is the Quincy way. Everyone puts a "y" at the end of everyone else's name, even if you've never called yourself that version of your name, and everyone's pretty trustworthy.

Annika had a follow-up with the dr. today and sorry to say, that ear infection is still there. So she's back on antibiotics for another 10 days. Seriously. We've now been dealing with the stupid cold she got over Christmas and its remnants for a month now. Let's just say that we've gotten to be good friends with the pediatricians and their staff, and I'm able to tell the pharmacist which size syringe I need for the medicine, like a seasoned professional. (She tried to give me another small one that doesn't reach into the bottom of the bottle).

And to end this post on a happy note, I learned today that one of my asylum clients was recently granted asylum in Immigration Court.  It's really satisfying when good things happen to really deserving people to whom good things have not historically happened.

Onward and upward!

No comments: