Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday

Today was packed. We woke up at 6, as usual, to feed Annika. By 8 I was outside, putting the yard to bed for the winter. I pulled out all the plants in the flower bed next to the fence because we are going to plant a ginkgo tree there in the spring! Actually I wanted to plant the gingko tree this fall, but now it's November and we haven't gotten to it. So we'll plant it next spring, around Annie's 1st birthday.

We chose a gingko tree because it is a symbol of strength and longevity. The legend is that gingko trees even survived the nuclear bombs in Japan. I like the idea of planting something that will hopefully live much longer than us or Annika. I see it as our choice to have hope and faith in the future.

By 10:30 Jim, Annie and I were packing a picnic lunch for the Arboretum, and then off we went. It was a beautiful fall day, in the mid-60's, with all the leaves in full color. We had our picnic and went for a walk. Lots of oak and birch trees, but we didn't see ginkgo trees this time.



By 1, we were home to watch the Pats game. They beat Miami. Annika was acting like she needed a nap or a bottle, but resisted the nap. Later, we went grocery shopping and then stayed in for the night. Annie had applesauce, carrots and pears all today, in addition to the usual cereal.

I can't believe the weekend is already over. I wish it lasted longer.

No comments: