1) Avocado was Solid Food of the Week. It's very easy to prepare: buy avocado, cut in half, scoop some out, put through food mill, and voila! Annie tried some on Friday. She gagged a lot, but it went better than the squash. I think we're going to try bananas next.
2) We're all fighting yet another cold. I'm pretty sure I picked it up at work this time. This may be a theme of the winter. The joys of day care/new job.
3) We got 2 Nor'easters this weekend: one on Friday, one today. In between, I pulled out part of the garden. I guess this was a good idea, because we're watching the Pats game now, and it is snowing in Foxboro (20 miles from here)! And it's sticking so much that you can't see the field markers! It is not snowing here in Quincy though. The Pats are playing Tennessee and some of the guys on the Tennessee team are in short-sleeves. Snow was obviously an unexpected turn of events for them (and us too). We probably aren't getting snow in Quincy because of our proximity to the ocean.
4) Solomon got sprayed by a skunk this afternoon. As soon as we realized it, we put him in the porch. Then Jim mixed up a solution of peroxide and baking soda and dish soap and sprayed him with it. It was quite the scene, watching Jim chase Solomon around the porch with the spray bottle. Then we put him in the basement. Unfortunately, a couple hours later, he still smells like skunk. I think Jim's going to have to do round 2 later this evening.
5) Yesterday, we went into my office and decorated. It's going to take a little while for me to get situated though. But at least there are things hanging on the walls now.
All in all, a bit of a three-ring circus.