Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Good and the Bad

The Good:
  • I have a beautiful, healthy family, and two bad but loving cats.
  • I have a car that runs, despite it having well over 100,000 miles on it.
  • Annie and I had a really nice week with Grandma Kogler here. We miss her.
  • The weather is still relatively warm. The sunshine is golden.
  • The furnace works in our house.
  • Everyone at my new job is amazingly nice and welcoming and they even had a birthday cake for me yesterday, on my first day on the job!
  • I'm having more cake tonight: carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, courtesy of my mother-in-law with assistance from Annie. 
  • Tomorrow is my day off.
  • This weekend we're going to Lake George, and I'll see Laurie and my mom. And Annie gets to go on her first vacation!
The Bad:
  • When Jim asked me today what I would like my hypothetical office window to look out on (it's hypothethical because I don't have a window), I said Winthrop Square. I miss my old job. He bought me a large, framed photograph of sunflowers for my birthday. That's pretty nice too. But I still miss my old window at my old office. And a lot of other things at my old office.
  • I'm going to miss my dad at Lake George.
  • I don't recognize my life any more.

No comments: