Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Anniversary


It's our 9-year anniversary today! It was a pretty uneventful day. We left work a little early, went to dinner at Legal Seafoods, and then sat out on our front porch and talked. It is cool today (in the 60's) and comfortable. Feels like fall, even though it's not. It was a nice day.

Some reflections: We were looking at one of our photo albums from the wedding. I was struck by the fact that a) it didn't seem that long ago, but it was; and b) several of the people in our photos are now gone. That made me feel old. You know, like looking at your parents', or even grandparents', wedding photos and they tell you about all the people in the photos that you never met because they died before you were born. Except that I knew all those people, some of them very well, and now they're gone too. It made me sad.

9 years ago right now, I think everyone was smoking cigars. Laurie was paying homage to the porcelain god, my mom was discovering that the caterer forgot to put out some Italian pastries that we had ordered. We had a nice wedding. I loved all of it. It was funny looking at the photos, because I noticed in a couple of the later photos that my mom was holding on to a large layer of a cake. And seriously, I didn't think any cake was left over. Jim and I hardly got a piece (except for the piece that Jim shoved up my nose - ha!). I wonder who ate the rest of the cake.

We always take a photograph of ourselves together every year on our anniversary, and then I put each photo in a special book. It's fun to flip through it. Here's the photo from this year:

Ha! Actually that's the silly photo. Here's one where you can see Jim's face better:

I don't know which I will put in the photobook yet. :) Not great resolution on these photos. My digital camera became a "stowaway" in my mother's backpack when she went back to Buffalo from her trip to Boston. So I have to pick it up next time I'm in town. In the meantime, we're using the little camera on my cell phone.

Not much else to report tonight.

4 comments:

A Fuss said...

Of course there was left over cake! Your Mom and Dad had it over at their house the next day. While you guys opened presents, we all ate your cake. (Mom remembers too, she's sitting right here next to me reading your blog.)

Net Ghost said...

I have no recollection of that. Isn't that funny? Jim and I always thought that the cake went quickly because we didn't get much of it. Who knew that my mom was squirreling it away? :)

A Fuss said...

On an unrelated note -- I saw this and thought of Jim... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFgtFXfnv0

A Fuss said...

I miss my blogging buddy:(